Revista de Estudios Sociales (rev. estud.soc.) is an indexed publication of a periodical nature, which adheres to international standards of quality, positioning, periodicity and availability on line. Created in1998 and funded by the School of Social Sciences of Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), it has the objective to contribute to the dissemination of the research, analyses and opinions that the national and international academic community elaborates. As a social sciences journal, it publishes the results of investigations, reflections on relevant topics, theoretical revisions and reviews, which contribute to pertinent debates about sociological, historical, anthropological, cultural and gender study subjects, as well as articles on political science, philosophy, psychology and education. All of its digital contents are of open access through its website. The printed version has a cost and may be acquired at specific outlets.
Norms for Authors
The Journal publishes unpublished articles in Spanish, English and Portuguese. In exceptional cases, it includes translations of articles which have previously been published in languages other than those specified above, when their relevance to the discussions and problems it deals with are acknowledged. All of the published articles have a DOI identification number, which facilitates the drafting of bibliographical references, the search for articles on the web and the cross-referencing of citations among different repositories. The DOI should be cited by the authors who use the contents of Revista de Estudios Sociales.
The Journal counts on an Editorial Team and an Editorial Council. The Editorial Team is responsible for the operational procedures of the Journal, decisions about the contents to be published, proposing themes for monographic issues, meeting quality standards, indexing procedures and the dissemination of the Revista de Estudios Sociales’s contents. The Editorial Team is also responsible for choosing and inviting the academics who make up the Editorial Council and periodically overseeing the turnover of some of its members, taking into account the time they have served on the Council, the bodies of knowledge which should be strengthened, the inclusion of new institutions and their participation in assessing the Journal.
The Editorial Council proposes guidelines for defining the editorial policies of Revista de Estudios Sociales, establishes the themes for the dossier, oversees its compliance with national and international quality standards, holds debates about the sections which house the contents of the Journal and proposes ways of circulating, disseminating and indexing the publication.
Reception and Evaluation of Articles
- The Journal only receives articles when the calls for papers are open. The reception dates may be found on the web site of the journals:
- The articles should be sent to the platform for the management of contents through the link found on the website of the Journal, and, in exceptional cases, by e-mail.
- The texts sent to the Journal may not be simultaneously under evaluation by another publication.
- Taking into account the amount of articles which the Journal receives for each call for papers, it does not publish another article by a previously published author until a period of two years has passed.
- When an article arrives, its receipt is immediately acknowledged and the Editorial Team begins to determine whether it meets its basic requirements (norms for citations and formal presentation), as well as its relevance for a scientific publication (objectives, theoretical framework, methodology, conclusions and bibliographies). When it does not meet that standard, it will be rejected.
- The articles which pass the review JSwipe profiles by the Editorial Team are scrutinized by a tool for detecting plagiarism. When whole or partial plagiarism is detected, the text will not be sent to peer review and the authors will be notified of the reason for the rejection.
Leave a Reply